- Cast-iron bed to assure stability and rigidity
- High dynamics thanks to large-sized recirculating ball screws with preloaded double nut, combined with digital direct drives and motors
- High accuracy ensured by pressurised optical scales fitting X, Y and Z axes and high-resolution encoders installed on the B/C rotary axes.
- High table load capacity with excellent accessibility from the front and from above
An innovative product at the forefront of technology: speed, accuracy, power in a single solution
Sigma FLEXI 5, a vertical machining centre with moving table from Sigma FLEXI range, has a universal field of application.
Featuring 5 continuous axes, Sigma FLEXI 5 has been designed to machine complex parts on 5 faces with a single set-up, to meet the requirements of maximum accuracy, tight tolerances, and high finishing quality in the machining of small and large series, for applications in precision engineering, automotive industry, medical, aeronautics and in the production of moulds and dies.
The versatility of FLEXI 5 machining centres is granted by the numerous possible configurations and options available, which allow the machine to be fitted according to the customer's specific production requirements.
Equipped with the latest generation CNCs enhancing the accuracy and speed of machining, Sigma FLEXI 5 features a highly ergonomic operator panel, positioned on a sliding front structure.
Machine full enclosure is conceived according to the most innovative industrial design criteria and integrates various functions: ergonomics, easy access to the work area, wide visibility of the operating area during machining, easy loading/unloading of workpieces, containment of fumes and machining residues, ease of use and maintenance.
Sigma FLEXI 5 is available in three models according to X-axis stroke: S, L, XL
- FLEXI 5S: X 1250, Y 800, Z 950 mm
- FLEXI 5L: X 2100, Y 800, Z 950 mm
- FLEXI 5XL: X 3000, Y 800, Z 950 mm
- Axis speed up to 50 m/min
- Tilting head - B axis - and rotary table built-in the flat table - C axis - with excellent performance in terms of feed-rate and acceleration thanks to torque motors
- Motor spindle driven by a synchronous motor providing a rotation speed of 12000 rpm
- Optional motor spindle with 18000 rpm
- Tool magazine with 50 or 60 positions
- Sigma Tool Check - control panel with direct interface to NC, for tool call and loading/unloading operations in hidden time
- Tool pre-setting unit
- Workpiece measuring probe
- Cooling systems
- Rotary tables
- Kit Industry 4.0